Monday, October 31, 2011

Beyond Watching a movie, Journal Number 2


After Watching, " Looking at Movies: Film Analysis" my eyes were opened to the many aspects of film. This Video really caught my attention, occasionally I catch a hidden meaning in a movie, however this video opens my eyes to the great meaning beyond almost every movement of a film. The great importance of the simple frame of the film, closer to the subject far away, or into their vision, was never obvious to me. I also found the contrast of films between directors and writers and their gender interesting. There was a relativity clear difference between these. The example of the abortion clinic with the tapping of finger nails in “Juno” was the example that was the most eye opening to the meanings beyond words in movies. Until watching this I would have just wondered why she keeps looking at people’s nails, now I understand that the film is going into more of a psychological view for Juno and her knowledge that her baby has finger nails already and that this is causing her a large amount of stress and contemplation.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about the clinic scene in "Juno". Now that the finger nail tapping was pointed out to me it semms like such a simple thing to notice but never really crossed my mind. I agree with how eye opening this film was and it will really make me look harder at movies when watching them.

    ReplyDelete